The Emerald Aero Group (EAG), along with our CEO Shirley Walsh, visited 4 Safran sites in France last week as part of a trade mission, ending with a dinner in the Embassy in Paris. Safran are leading business in the French Aerospace sector, and so the Emerald Aero Group were eager to meet with and learn from the team at Safran while on site. The visit was very successful overall, with both sides offering the potential for future business.
The Emerald Aero Group, of which SCS is a member, has had huge support from Enterprise Ireland, both in Ireland and the Paris office. We’d like to highlight in particular a number of people who made the trip such a success:
- Miriam Ryan, our French pathfinder, who laid the groundwork for the potential business with Safran
- Lambert Schlack, our French Enterprise Ireland representative, flew to Ireland prior to the visit to support trip preparation
- Sean Long, our UK Enterprise Ireland representative, also provided enormous support for the event
- Theresa Mulvihill, the EAG group marketing manager, organised the trip with Miriam and Enterprise Ireland, and ensured everything ran like clockwork
- The team at Safran, who ensured the group was well looked after throughout the visit
Shirley commented on the trip: “It was a pleasure and honour to represent SCS and our group as Chairperson of Emerald Aero Group. The dynamic of the group is amazing, supporting each other in gaining business in such prestigious companies in France, engaging with each other fully on our journey into the Aerospace market in France.”